Thursday, August 30, 2012

Recipes in a Mug

Recipes in a Mug book: My younger brother and sister have gone away to college (I still can't believe it!) with my sister living in her own apartment and my (first year) brother in a dorm room with two other guys -- I can only imagian the mess that place will be before long!

I decided I would make a book full of simple, single-serving recipes that are very easy to make in a large, over-sized mug. Something simple for them to make if they just want to make somthing for themselves, not use a ton of ingredients, and just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds. Pinterest is a great place to find lots of these recipes and I found some really great ones at Food.com, Taste of Home, and My Happy Place. (Click on the links to go directly to the mug recipes)

I have the Sure Cuts a Lot program that works with Cricut and there I found a mug that I enlarged to the size I wanted the book to be. (If anyone is interested in getting this VERY hard to find program, please let me know! I got mine from a guy that sells them it at a very reasonable price and he is really nice and returns any emails/questions that I might have promptly!) I've added the download of the SVG below: feel free to adjust the cup or words anyway you would like to better fit your needs.

Please note: There are TWO PAGES in the download. One is the cup with a hole in the top, words, and if you would like to add it; steam. The second page contains the cup with no hole at the top which you can cut multiples of for the pages of the book. (You can find the two pages at the top left hand corner of the "mat") Please let me know if you would like these pages separate!

Thank you for stopping by and taking a look!
Download the svg file HERE

Patterned paper & cardstock: Doodlebug
Recipes: My Happy PlaceFood.com, Taste of Home
Program: Sure Cuts a Lot
Cutter: Cricut
Other: jump ring or ribbon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...