Friday, August 31, 2012

DVD Travel Coloring Case

An old DVD case made new: You have to LOVE Pinterest! There are so many great ideas out there - I really don't know what I did before I discovered this wonderful site. While browsing today, I found a great tutorial (which you can find HERE) of turning an empty DVD case into a travel case to carry colored pencils and a pad of paper for the children to draw on while they're traveling in the car. I thought - what a great idea for my step-children!

I didn't add all the pictures of me putting it together, because you can use the tutorial on how to make it. It is a wonderful step-by-step tutorial and the great thing is - you most likely have all the items needed to make it right in your house! I used fabric from old medical scrubs that I had laying around and added some flower ribbon to spruce it up a bit.

Thanks so very much for stopping by and taking a look!

Pattened paper: Imaginisce and Paper Salon
Flower ribbon: Making Memoires
Chalk: Pebbles
Tutorial: stacyvaughnblog.blogspot.com
Cutter: Cricut
Cartridge: Hoot 'N' Holler (Cricut Lite version)
Coloring: Copic markers (colors: G02 & G09)
Other: Old fabric, DVD case, coloring brush, CutterBee craft knife, Sure Cuts a Lot program

Cut the DVD holder out with a sharp craft knife. Be careful not to cut yourself, and also remember not to cut the plastic that holds the paper on the front.
 
See tutorial on how to do this:

Use the old insert and mark your patterned paper to make a new cover for your case  (in my case; the movie 300)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...