Monday, October 15, 2012

Unity WCMD & RetroSketches Challenge


RetroSketches Challenge #33: I've never played in a Retro Sketches Challenge before, but when I saw the amazing sketch and cards that the designers made - I just had to play! This sketch is SO cute and you can do so much with it!!

For my first card - since I'm pregnant (almost 9 months!) - I am always hungry! I decided to turn the sketch around and do something from the bottom-up: so I thought that using THIS set from Paper Smooches would be great for my card. I am also going to add this card to the Paper Smooches Guest Designer Search since it used their stamps!

I colored the pancakes with Copic markers, the toaster with a silver gel pen, and added some Glossy Accents to the pancakes to make it look like syrup - kind of disappointed that it look the same color as the pancakes, but oh well. 

Stamps: Paper Smooches ("Wake Up" set)
Sentiment Stamp: The Alley Way Stamps ("Kitchen Gadgets" set)
Patterned Paper: Doodlebug
Ink: Brilliance (Lighting Black, Rocket Red, Coffee Bean)
Silver Pen: Uni-Ball Gel Impact
Border Punch: Martha Stewart
Copic Marker: B24, E21, E35, E37
Other: Glossy Accents


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unity Challenge #6: Stamp a Border - For my second card, I used the RetroSketches sketch again but this time thought I would do a fun phone card with the receiver hanging down with the phone cord, and some numbers in the background. I made this card for the Word Card Making Day challenge over on the Unity Stamps blog where you had to stamp a border using your stamps.

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a look at my cards!

Stamps: Unity Stamp Co ("Neopolitan Bisque Soup" set)
Ink: Brilliance (Graphite Black, Pearlescent Orchid)
Copic Markers: R81, BV01, BG11
Other: Phone book page, Liquid Pearls (Petal Pink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...