Friday, February 10, 2012

Unity Blog Hop: Seeing Hearts


L.O.V.E Challenge: I <3 challenges and I really think that this one is a bit of a challenge (lol) : which I love even more! This week over at the Ippity blog they are having a blog hop and a challenge to use items that use the words such as LOVE and here is what I came up with:

  L ~ Lace
O
~ Owl 
       V ~ Very wooden button 
  E ~ Embossing

Ok, so I cheated a little bit on the button part. lol It was hard to come up with something with the "V" and since I wanted to stay with a wooden theme, I thought a 'Very' lovely buttons would fit nice  :-)  So, I came up with the card below using the above items. It's sometimes fun when you don't have a sketch to go by, you can do anything, just have to stick to using some certain items. I'm going to call this card "Seeing Hearts" because the owl has little hearts in his eyeballs and it looks so cute with a little bit of red glitter to show them off

Stamps: Unity Stamp Co. (Be "Owl" Mine), (Grainy Background)
Wooden button: American Crafts
Ribbon: Michael's
Other: red glitter pen, kraft paper


UPDATE: I thought this looked a little too brown, so I colored the owl's little heart stomach and I also added some pink paper behind him to really show off his tummy and the pink ribbon. I also added a bit of a heart border using a Martha Stewart border punch. Here is the picture below! Thanks for stopping by!




13 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet card, Jessica!! The owl is so adorable and I love the card design ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That owl is so cute, and I love your card, kraft and pink together is always perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet card. The owl goes well with the kraft paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diggin' the owl! I LOVE that one...I haven't used it in a while, but it is so funny with his crazy love struck eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! The woodgrain is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so sweet! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this card so so adorable. love that lace too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the woodgrain and owl, looks like he's in a hollow tree, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable, I love the woodgrain and the way you have your owl peaking out from the card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very adorable owl! I like the way you used the border punch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...