Saturday, November 12, 2011

Card set: Vintage Hair Ads

Card Set - Vintage: I was asked to make a card set for a woman who is a professional hair stylist and works in a salon. I didn't quite know what I was going to do to make a card, but came up with a really great idea of using real, vintage, 1950's ads for hair-care products. I think the color for the paper turned out wonderful because I used real vintage paper from an old photo album that my husband had in storage. I'm still experimenting with making a card holder, still haven't found one that will fold very well when there are cards in it, but I still think it turned out rather nice. I added some "pop" to the card, so as not to make them plain, by cutting out some items on the picture and using pop-dots behind it to raise it up a bit. Thanks so much for lookin

Vintage Photos: www.gono.com
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon, Authentique Paper LLC, K&Company
Distress Ink: "Old Paper" by Tim Holtz
Other: Pop-dots, sewing machine, vintage kraft paper

Front Cover of card holder:

Inside of card holder including stamp envelope:


Cards in the set:




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...